How did Mother’s Day start?
Usually, the origins of Mother’s Day started back to the ancient Greek times but the way in which we celebrate it nowadays began in America in the early of 20th Century and now celebrates in all over the world.
Originally, it was a day for Christians to visit their ‘mother church’. All of the servants were given the day off to the return to their hometown to worship mother day their families. During the time of returning home, young people usually picked wild flowers to place in the church, or to give to their mother. That’s why, we often give flowers today to our mom.
By early 1911, Mother’s Day was celebrated in almost every US state and on May 8, 1914, President Woodrow Wilson signed a joint resolution document that confirmed every second Sunday in May as Mother’s Day.
Nowadays, this day has moved away from its religious meaning & is mostly just a day to show our love to our mom’s – or maternal figures in our life that we do appreciate them.
How is Mother’s Day celebrated?
Most of the person says. mom is the most inspirational person in their life. Mother’s Day is traditionally a celebration to observe and celebrate moms, grandmothers & even step-moms with flowers, breakfast in bed, gifts and cards.
What to write in your Mother’s Day card
Here are the top ten verses that you can write in card .
- “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness” – Honore de Balzac
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers” – Rudyard Kipling
- “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face” – George Eliot
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there” – Robert Browning
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children” – William Makepeace Thackeray
- “A mother is a mother still, The holiest thing alive” — Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest” – Irish proverb
- “Her children rise up and bless her” – Proverbs
- “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother” – Abraham Lincoln
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them” – Victor Hugo
Mother, dear mother, the years have been long
Since I last listened your lullaby song:
Sing, then, and unto my soul it shall seem
Womanhood’s years have been only a dream.
Happy Mothers Day 2017 !!!
You’ve seen me laugh
You’ve seen me cry
And always you were there with me
I may not have always said it
But thanks and I love you
Happy Mother’s Day.
Mom, you are a special gift of God to me,
This gift has made my life a gift for many,
You have made me capable of helping,
Helping others through their thick and thin,
Happy Mother’s Day Mommy!!
You are the one reality of my life,
I want to make a real one for whole of my life,
God, has probably send you for making me strong enough to help people,
Keep bolstering my faith in God by showering your love,
Happy Mother’s Day!!
I love my MOM
No matter what we go through
No matter how much we argue
Because I know,
At the end she’ll always be there for me
Happy Mother’s Day!!